Sunday, December 11, 2011

Let's Toy Around

I'm not much of a lube girl, but for the rare occasion when I stick things in my butt or have a larger than usual toy, having a good lube is a must. So today, I'm going to be reviewing Fun Factory's ToyFluid lube which is available through EdenFantasys.


What is it?
ToyFluid is a lubricant that is suitable for most women who require a little bit of extra glide. This is ideal for post menopausal women or women who have trouble getting wet and wish to engage in vaginal sex. It's also spectacular to use when dealing with larger than normal toys. This is ideal for both single people and couples. Also, this is great for men who need a lube for solo play, and for hand jobs as well.

However! I find that this is not a good product who are sensitive to glycerin, and (I feel) is not thick enough for anal sex. If you are prone to yeast infections and UTIs, steer clear of this product.

The nice thing about this lube is that it will last for awhile; after 15- 20 minutes, you may need to resurrect it by applying some water to it. But overall, it should last for at least one session if you use about a quarter size.

What is ToyFluid made of and what does it feel like ?
The lube is a water based lube, which makes it ideal for vaginal sex. It has a slippery consistency, and is thinner than a gel, but thicker than spray type lube. It has about the same consistency as a water based lube made from Sliquid. It has no texture to it.

The lube has Aqua, Glycerin, Ethoxydiglycol, Guar Hydroxypropultrimonium Chloride, Hydroxypropylcellulose, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol,  Methylisothiazolinone/ Methylchloroisothiazolinone. Since I had no idea what the hell any of these chemicals are (except for Aqua, citric acid, benzyl alcohol and glycerin), I decided to research these materials for both myself and you.


Aqua- this is water and what makes the lube water base.


Glycerin-simple polypol compound that is used in pharmaceuticals and food preservatives. It's odorless and colorless and tastes sweet. It can cause yeast infections and UTIs in women that are sensitive the chemical.


Ethoxydiglycol- this chemical is actually used in skin care preparation. Chances are your moisturizer carries this ingredient. It's soluble in both oils and water and is clear.


Guar Hydroxypropultrimonium Chloride- an organic compound that gives conditioning to shampoos and other hair care products.


Hydroxypropylcellulose- this is a cellulose derivative. It's an opthalmic protective and lubricant.


Citric Acid- weak organic acid. it's typically used as a preservative and conservative of food and drinks.


Benzyl Alcohol- an organic compound used a preservative as well.


Methylisothiazolinone/ Methylchloroisothiazolinone- this is actually a good thing to have in water based lubes. It prevents the growth of life in water based materials.


So overall, from my understanding, most of the chemicals aren't too detrimental to most people's health. If you do know otherwise though, please tell me and mention it to me and the comments section and I'll be happy to edit my review.


Luckily, it does boost of being Arginine free, Paraben free, and Petro chemicals free.


It has no smell that I could detect and tastes slightly sweet but chemically. I wouldn't use this for oral sex just because of the taste. 


What does the lube bottle look like?
ToyFluid comes in a silver bottle with a pump top, which is excellent so that minimal mess occurs during play. It comes in a 3.4 oz bottle, which makes it great for car travel. However, if you are in the US (and some other parts of the world), this violates the 3-3-1 rule, so if you do fly, you'll have to take this in either a smaller sample sized bottle or put it in a checked bag, as you won't be permitted to carry it on with you.

It has "Love Yourself" written on the side of the bottle with "Fun Factory" written at the bottom. Though it doesn't scream sex lube from a distance, it would be best to hide this if you don't want others to see the type of lube you use upon closer inspection.

What did you think of the Lube?
I first got this lube as a sample that accompanied my many Fun Factory toys. Since it was ideal to use to insert my Smartballs, I decided to invest in the bigger bottle. Since I don't have problems with glycerin, I don't worry about getting UTIs or yeast infections from it. I like that it lasts for a longer period of time; the issue I have with a lot of water based lubes is that they only last for about 5-10 minutes and it gets frustrating to have to reapply and then spend money again after like two weeks of using it.

I'm not one for anal sex, but after trying to use it to insert my Bootie plug, I found that it was too thin and I had to find something thicker. I do know that water based lubes aren't the best for anal sex; however, silicone or silicone hybrid lubes are most suitable because they do last longer and are thicker.

So overall, the lube would recieve five starts based on my experience alone; however because it contains glycerin, which can cause severe discomfort for other women, I will take off one star. Because it lasts for a decent amount of time, it's economical and it's a good size for it's price, it will receive Four Stars.


If you still like ToyFluid, be sure to use my affiliate code TKR to get 15% off this and the rest of your order.


product picture
$12.99Toyfluid
Lubricant by Fun Factory

No comments:

Post a Comment