Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Daily Complaint

I've just decided that all my new posts from here on out are going to start with "The Daily...". It will give the rest of my blog a little more unity and coherence.

The last few days have been awful; I've been barely keeping it together. After emailing my therapist back home, he told me that a lot of my symptoms match up with bipolar disorder, depression, anxiety, and/ or ADHD. Mind you, that's not an official diagnosis, so I'm still not sure what I have. However, he highly recommended that I go see a psychiatrist so I can be properly diagnosed and then probably medicated.

I've been scared to tell anyone about this, but I'm barely functioning anymore. I used to loved to read, make art, and watch movies. But because of whatever is going on in my head, I can't do any of those things. Reading a book used to create joy for- now, I just become exasperated because all I can think of is that I won't be able to finish because I can't remember what I've read and/ or that I'll lose concentration.

I just want to be a normal human being. I want to do well in school again, I want to be a successful adult, and I want move on with my life. I'm sick of having all these shortcomings that are impossible to overcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment