Monday, December 12, 2011

Samoa

I was assigned another toy by the wonderful people at the shop I trust. Today's new toy is Cal Exotic's Samoa.

What is it?
The Samoa is marketed as a body safe vaginal exerciser and vaginal stretching tool, but I think it better serves as a dildo. It really is too large to do kegel exercises with. It's great for anyone who is looking for a their second or third body safe dildo or someone who enjoys a medium sized toy with minimal texture. This is great for both couples and single people.

What I like about this toy is that is incredibly flexible and is on the squishier side. The silicone that Cal Exotics used is very forgiving. There are two ends of the toy; one is on the smaller side with no pronounced head, and the other has a slightly pronounced head and another bump half way down the back. The second part of the toy also has a larger circumference than the smaller head.

Because it does not have a flared base, please do not use this anally.

What is the Samoa made of?
The Samoa is made of body safe silicone, which is food grade, hypoallergenic, body safe, non porous, latex free, and phthalates free. It only comes in purple. The silicone used by Cal Exotics is unlike other any other silicone I've come across. However, I'm only used to Lelo and Fun Factory silicone.

The silicone used has a firm core but a slightly squishy exterior. It is incredibly flexible and can easily bend in half, which makes it ideal for those who are new to toys and want to use a body safe material. It's incredibly smooth and attracts minimal hair.

The toy has a MASSIVE seam that runs down the side of the whole toy though. I felt it during insertion but it didn't cause any discomfort. However, if you are sensitive to that kind of texture, it would be best to avoid this toy. The topside of the toy has a slightly pronounced bulb on the front, and lower down on the toy in the back, it has another slightly pronounced bulb. If you don't want to use the bulbs, you can switch to the other side which is completely smooth, except for the seam on the sides. In the very middle of the toy, it has another bulb in the center.

What I really like about silicone is that can be sterilized and cleaned so easily. You have the option of washing the toy either in the dishwasher or boiling it for 3 minutes. It can also be wiped down with a 10% bleach solution. If you don't want to do any of that, you can wash the toy with either toy cleaner and/or soap and warm water.

How big is the Samoa?
The Samoa is 7inches long with an insertable length of 5 1/2 inches. At it's widest point, it has a diameter of 1 1/4 inches and a circumference of 4 1/4 inches. It weighs a total of 0.3 pounds. The size makes it ideal for a newbie or someone who enjoys smaller toys.

Because it doesn't run on batteries, it can be used in the shower or tub as well.

What did you think of the Samoa?
Despite the fact that I've reviewed about 50 sex toys on Eden alone, this is actually my first dildo ever. Weird, right? But yeah, first dildo ever. It was an ok experience, but I felt that it was too flexible and I didn't like the pronounced seam. It wasn't unpleasant per se, but I could feel upon insertion.

I also felt the pronounced bulbs; unfortunately, the caught on my pubic bone and it was incredibly unpleasant. When I switched to the smaller side, I had no issue with the toy.

Most of the issues I had with the toy weren't necessarily the toy's fault; I just have a demanding vagina. Because it's body safe, great for beginners, can be sterilized, and had no taste or smell and attracts minimal dirt, it received Five Stars. However, because of the distinct seam, it lost one star, so the Samoa earned Four Stars.


If you still like the Samoa, you can use my affiliate code TKR to get 15% off. 
product picture
$0.00Samoa
Vaginal exerciser by California Exotic
Material: Silicone
Safety:
This product was provided free of charge to the reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment